Magnesia Bricks Description
Magnesia Bricks are alkaline refractory materials. These products have over 90% magnesium oxide content and adopt periclase as the principal crystalline phase. Magnesia Bricks can be divided into two categories of Burnt Magnesia Bricks and Chemical Bonded Magnesite Brick. They have excellent performance of superior high temperature mechanical strength and volume stability. Magnesia Bricks can service in the high temperature of 1750℃. They are ideal products for glass furnace application.
Magnesia Bricks Features
It is a kind of alkaline refractory product with periclase as main phase magnesite-alumina spinel clinker as basic material. the product has such characteristics as good temperature vibration, good strength and volume stability in high temperature.
Magnesia Bricks Application
- Basic open-hearth furnace for steelmaking
- Electric furnace bottom and wall
- Permanent lining of oxygen converter
- Non-ferrous metal metallurgy furnace
- Hyperthermia tunnel kiln
- Lining of rotary cement kiln
- Heating furnace bottom and wall
- Regenerative chamber of glass furnace
Magnesia Bricks Classification
Magnesia Bricks generally can be classified into two types of Burnt Magnesia Bricks and Chemical Bonded Magnesite Brick.
- Burnt Magnesia Bricks have high purity and firing temperature as the direct contact with periclase crystalline grain.
- Chemical bonded magnesite brick is made of fused magnesite as the raw material.
Magnesia Bricks Properties
- High Refractoriness
- Good alkaline slag erosion resistance
- High apparent initial softening temperature
- Good thermal conductivity
- High thermal expansion
Magnesia Bricks Manufacturing Process
Burnt Magnesia Bricks are manufactured with magnesite clinker as the raw material and fired in the high temperature of 1550~1600℃ after smashing, burdening, mulling and molding. High-purity products can be fired in the temperature that over 1750℃. Chemical bonded magnesite brick is produced with certain chemical bonding through mixing, molding and drying.