A general purpose cement for acid conditions Resistant to High & medium concentrations of most of the common organic and inorganic acids except Hydroflouric acid. Recommended where the concentration of the acid is high suitable for high temperature. Unsuited to aqueous solutions, alkaline conditions.
PREPARATIONS OF MORTAR :
- Measure 1 part by weight of K-SILICATE solution into a suitable mixing pan.
- Add slowly and gradually 3 parts by weight K-SILICATE mortar and mix thoroughly to form a smooth mortar.
- In hot season very large batches of mortar will become stiff quite rapidly therefore small batches, not exceeding 4 to 8 kgs. Will be prepared.
- The cement mortar will be used before it starts setting.
APPLICATION OF SK-HB K-SILICATE MORTAR :
- K-SILICATE is used for jointing Acid Resisting brick in construction of vessels in suited for construction of fume chambers and stacks handling hot, dry Acid fumes and vapors.
- It is also used for jointing chemical resisting stoneware pipes.
- K-SILICATE cement is good bedding material for Acid – Resisting bricks and tiles.
- The concrete surface needed protection should be dryed, clean and rough.
- The bricks or tiles will be set with K-SILICATE cement over concrete surface applied with a suitable an impermeable interliner.
When Bedding and Jointing Materials are the same.
On the treated surface bricks or tiles are bedded to a thickness of about 6 mm and tamp gently with a wooden piece till the paste squeezes out of joints.
The paste that is squeezed out of the joint should be removed by trowel with good finishing. After the mortar of the joint is dryed treat the joints with 20% Hydrochloric Acid Solution by means of brush. A.R.lining should be always in contact with Acid and not with water.
Concrete subtract like Floor, Wall, tanks and similar surface should be protected with a membrane of Bitrok Mastic or compound steel tanks should be protected with rubber or PVC subjected to chemical conditions and temperature of chemical media. The Brick lining is recommended over the protective layer of Bitrok Mastic.
When Bedding and Jointing Materials are Different.
Spread the silicate type mortar about 6 to 8 mm thick on the back of the tile or brick. Press the tile on the bed leaving required space for joints between tiles for bricks. After the bedding mortar is set, fill Mp the joints with specified cement.
VICRON is recommended for chemical plants, Dye intermediates, Steel Industries, Textiles units, Storage Battery Manufacturer, Oil Refinery, Petrochemicals, Fertilizers etc. where acids (except Hydrofluoric Acid) such as chronic, Nitric, Hydrochloric Acid, Phosphoric, Sulphuric Acids and dry acids requirements
K-SILICATE LIQUID===25 Kgs. Drum
Price And Quantity
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.